When you work, you always pay wage tax and health insurance premium on that income. We also pay social insurance on your income for unemployment and incapacity for work. If you have become unemployed through no fault of your own, the rule of thumb is one month's unemployment benefit per year worked with a minimum of 3 months. Incapacity for work applies in case of illness from 2 years. You can insure short-term absenteeism up to 2 years with us.

Healthcare Insurance Act (ZVW)

The ZVW is mandatory, you pay a percentage of your income. The amount depends on your income. If you do not take out social insurance, this is reflected in your pay slip. If you do take out social insurance, that is included in social insurance. We pay ZVW so that everyone in the Netherlands can take out insurance. You don't want someone who needs a lot of care to be refused by his or her insurer. This is why it is mandatory.

Social insurance

If we deduct social insurances and ZVW from your income, we will make a single percentage of this in order to keep it clear on your pay slip. The social insurances that we pay for you are:

Unemployment Act AWF

The WW is an insurance that entitles you to benefits if you have become unemployed through no fault of your own, if you are willing to work and if you have a sufficient employment history. The benefits and acceptance are provided by the UWV.

Sector fund

The sector fund is paid on the income and differs per profession on the basis of social justice. The premium is therefore higher for sectors where the risk of unemployment is higher.

Sickness Benefits Act (ZW)

If you are ill at the time you apply for unemployment benefit, you can apply for sickness benefit under the Sickness Benefits Act. The Sickness Benefits Act is emphatically not a sickness benefit, but a supplement for people who apply for WW and who are ill. You can insure sickness with us up to a maximum of 2 years.

Incapacity for work Insurance Act

Can't you work because of illness or maybe never again? Then you can apply to the UWV for incapacity for work. There is a waiting period of 2 years, a period over which you have no income. That is why we also offer sickness benefit. Keep in mind that the WW does not bridge this period.

WAO (prior to 2016)

This is the incapacity for work insurance that applies to people who became incapacitated for work before 2016. Of course, the money is still being paid into this scheme, given that these people are still being paid by the company.

WIA (after 2016)

The WIA (Work and Income (Capacity for Work) Act) is the same regulation as the WAO but has been slightly improved and extended. This law also ensures that you are insured for incapacity for work after a waiting period of 2 years.

Claiming benefits

If you want to apply for a benefit, please always contact us. We will be happy to support you in your application to the UWV, so that the working method and payments are immediately clear to the employees of the UWV. We support an application for incapacity for work after 2 years of illness and an application for unemployment if it can be established that the unemployment arose through no fault of your own. The decision and conditions used by the UWV are leading and never entitle you to a full or partial refund or remuneration from Freelanceverloning.nl.

Contact us without obligation